Thank you for your prayers and on-going support for the homeless in the panhandle of West Virginia.
We are very grateful to the United Way of the Eastern Panhandle Inc. for their support and grant. With their support, our partner organizations, and your support, the Faith Community Coalition for the Homeless (FCCH)was able to assist 52 children and 60 adults secure warm, safe, dry shelter during the first half of 2017. Some examples follow of families we have helped follow:
• A veteran Dad with 3 young children needed a few nights safe with shelter until Telamon was able to get them into more permanent housing.
• A Mom, with at 2 year old and a 4 year old who was a victim of domestic violence, got a safe room and then transfer to a Shenandoah Women’s Center.
• A family stay in a motel for a few days while Bethany House arranged for shelter.
• A family with grandparents, 2 children and a severely handicapped young lady was able to secure temporary housing until the WV Coalition to End Homelessness arranged for a more permanent home.
• A homeless couple with a new born baby needed shelter while Dad worked 2 jobs and saved for a security deposit on their own place.
FCCH volunteers have another opportunity and challenge during the 2nd half of 2017. The Eastern WV Community Foundation has provided a reimbursable grant to help families with children again this year. THANK YOU EWVCF. We are elated and so grateful! The challenge is that we need to raise $5,000 to provide warm, safe, dry shelter for families before the EWVCF can reimburse FCCH. This is a great challenge and opportunity to keep serving homeless families when no other shelter is available. Won’t you please help us match this EWVCF Grant so we can continue to help homeless families? Please ask your church and your friends if they can help and please send your donation today to …
Faith Community Coalition for the Homeless, P.O. Box 523, Martinsburg, WV 25402.